Main Sewer Line
Sewer Line Cleaning and Repair
Sewer Main Lines
Main Sewer Line
This is the line that is responsible for channeling all the wastes from your toilets, sinks, and tubs out of your home. This line is connected to the main sewer which is mostly located in the front of the home. Your main sewer line will be located underground and are slightly bigger in size when compared to water lines because they carry both solid and liquid wastes.
Proper maintenance of the main sewer line helps homeowners to save money on potential replacement costs. It also extends the life of your sewer by keeping the pipes clear of blockages.
We at Bountiful Plumber are well prepared and always ready to service your sewer line. We offer affordable sewer line maintenance services, repair services, and replacement services. Our plumbing team is well trained and thoroughly qualified to handle any issues that may arise in your main sewer line.
Causes of Clogs in Sewer Lines
Misuse of toilets
Sagging sewer lines
Pouring grease down the drain
Signs of a Clogged Sewer Line
The good news is that there are ways to tell if your sewer line is clogged or not. This means that you can prevent further damages to your sewer line or home. You can trust Bountiful Plumber to offer our expert evaluation services to detect clogs.
Here are a few signs to look out for:
- Regularly backed up toilets: A good line flushes down everything easily. If you notice that your toilets back up regularly do not ignore this. Call us immediately and we will be able to detect where the clog is and fix it.
- Foul smell in your home: Leaking sewer lines always give a foul smell. This is a sure sign that there is an underlying issue with your sewer line.
- Growing molds on the walls.
- When you have a part of the lawn that is greener than the other.
- If you have identified waste areas in the yard.
- Any indentations in your lawn is also a clear sign of a clog.
- If you have any sinkholes in your home.
- Water backups: Whenever there is a clog on the main drain, the lowest drain begins to back up first. This is because all plumbing fixtures are connected to the main sewer drain. Look out for water backups in your sinks, tubs, and toilets.
- Overflow at the sewer clean out. Sewer cleanouts are normally located in the yard. They are marked with round or rectangular caps that may have the word “sewage” or “cleanout” printed on the top. Examine the area to see if there a sewer flow or remnants of past leakage. The appearance of any of these two is an indicator of a clogged or blocked sewer mainline.
These signs should not be ignored at all. If you suspect a sewer clog, do not try to unblock it on your own, failed attempts may end up making the situation worse. Call in a professional as fast as possible to get it repaired.
If clogs and blocks are left unattended, they can potentially lead to bigger and more serious problems in the future.
How to Test for Clogs
Try out the following ways to test for clogs in your sewer mains
- Turn on the faucets of a bathroom or room that you rarely use. If the water drains in slowly, there is a possibility that the sewer line is clogged.
- Does the water in your toilet gurgle whenever you flush it? If the answer to that is “yes”, then the line is clogged. That gurgles means that water is trying to leave your toilet but something is blocking its way.
- Whenever you turn on your washing machine, try to check your shower drain or toilet. If you notice that they are starting to overflow then you definitely have a clog.
Why You Should Let Us Do the Job
Clogged, blocked and leaking sewer lines should only be fixed by professionals. Bountiful Plumber has a team of highly trained professional and can handle all issues arising from your sewer lines. Here are some of the reason why you should choose Bountiful Plumber!
- We have the right equipment for the job.
- We guarantee 100% service delivery.
- Our prices are pocket-friendly.
- We hire local plumbers who know the area very well. So we can get to you no matter where you are in Utah.
- Our professional plumbers are well trained and strive to meet customer expectations.
- We are open all day, every day, 24/7 throughout the year to be sure you always get your plumbing problems solved.
- Here at Bountiful, we put the customer first. Always.
- We give free estimates!
Remember, we offer a full range of plumbing services, including water line cleaning and repair, water heater installation, water heater repair, drain cleaning, 24 hour emergency plumbing services, and more! Try us today and let us show you why we are the Bountiful Plumber you can trust!